Executing successful, revenue-impacting marketing campaigns all comes down to whether or not you have high-quality customer data. You can develop the most creative and eye-catching campaign, but if it’s not being targeted to the right people, you’re leaving money on the table.
So, what does the best data look like? We’ve broken it down into 6 categories:
- The best data is Stored. You need to have a secure place to put all of your customer data. Not just your structured data, but also your unstructured data that comes in from different sources like social media, or your website.
- The best data is Refined. It all connects together, so that transactions match to customers, and two people living at the same address with a shared last name are in a household together, and William Smith and Bill Smith are one and the same.
- The best data is Dynamic. It can be updated quickly. It is flexible and can ingest information as new data sources are added to a technology stack without having to redesign or migrate legacy data.
- The best data is Personal. It is data that knows the value of every customer. It knows what each customer likes, and it knows how they each prefer to interact with your brand.
- The best data is Predictive. It does more than just tell you what a customer did in the past, it also knows what they will do in the future. Are they about to unsubscribe? What is their potential lifetime value? What will they buy next? Your data should be able to tell you.
- The best data is Visible. It provides you with insights around key performance indicators that tell you if your marketing is effective. It helps measure the success of my campaign, and justify your efforts by connecting it to revenue results.
It all comes down to having the best data, but getting to this point is one of the hardest and most frustrating jobs that marketers are tasked with. It requires having a precise combination of the right people, processes and technology in place.
The QuickPivot services team is adept at making customer data actionable for marketing teams. We’ll help you make the most of the marketing technology you have in place and create the right processes to get your data into working condition.
Learn more about the ways we help businesses make better use of their customer data, and contact us today to get a personal consultation on how we can best support your team.